Cllr Maire Hendron said: “I am shocked at this arson attack. The people inside the house were very lucky that the fire did not spread to the house, otherwise we could have been looking at a tragedy today.
“We should also be thankful that the parents were able to get their baby out of the house before it was able to inhale any smoke which would have been very serious for such a young baby.
“The people responsible for this attack obviously have no regards for the lives of other people. Their actions were extremely reckless.
“If anybody has any information about this arson attack then I would urge them to contact the police.”