McCarthy wants to see all PMS savers get all their money back

Alliance MLA Kieran McCarthy has welcomed news that cheques have been sent to thousands of Presbyterian Mutual Society savers and said it’s vital that all savers are fully reimbursed.

Kieran McCarthy MLA said: “This is a positive development for savers but I hope that all savers including those with larger sums of money get all their money back.

“People have had to wait a long time for this and I am pleased that these cheques have now been sent out.

“The rescue package means that those who had less than £20,000 invested will receive all their money back but those with more will receive 85% and the other 15% is dependent on the disposal of PMS property and other assets.

“This has been a very difficult time for PMS savers and I believe that every effort must be made to ensure that all savers are fully reimbursed.”


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *