Cllr Billy Webb said: “Thankfully nobody was injured or killed but I know many of the older people living there were terribly frightened and upset. I congratulate everyone involved in evacuation the residents and for looking after them at the Valley Lesuire Centre. I am delighted the Council’s Emergency Plan worked and helped in this distressing incident. I will be in contact with Housing Executive to ensure all repairs are speedily completed.
“It is my understanding that the fire may have been caused by an electrical fault. Some doors had to be forced open and workers are out this morning doing repairs.”