Lunn expresses sympathy following house fire death

Lagan Valley Alliance MLA Trevor Lunn has passed on his deepest sympathies the family of a woman who died in a house fire in Lisburn. The fire broke out in a house in the Smithfield Street area of the city at around 1.30am this morning.

Trevor Lunn MLA stated: “This is a terrible tragedy for the city. I want to pass on my deepest sympathies to the family of the woman who died in the fire.

“The fire service has revealed that a smoke alarm had been fitted in the house, but no battery was in place. This extremely sad news should reinforce the message that people must have a working smoke alarm and should check that it is functioning on a weekly basis.

“I would like to praise the efforts of the fire service in their attempt to save the life of this woman. Their’s is a dangerous and unenviable job that requires massive courage.”


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *