Job title: Constituency & Research Assistant
Responsible to: Chris Lyttle MLA
Hours: Full time (37.5 hours p/w – flexibility required in relation to working hours)
Salary: £18,000 with pension scheme
Holiday Entitlement: 20 days per annum plus Public Holidays
Deadline for applications: 15 March 2013
Key Purpose: This is an excellent opportunity to work with an active MLA. The successful candidate will be responsible for casework, office administration, diary management, research and communications.
This is a demanding role as part of an integrated team based in the East Belfast Alliance Party Constituency Office and the Northern Ireland Assembly.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Casework; taking appropriate action to receive, document, progress and resolve enquiries
- Secretarial and administrative support; efficient correspondence, data and file management
- Diary management
- Developing campaigns and stakeholder relations
- Constituency surveys
- Research; in relation to casework and Assembly debates, committees and questions
- Communications; including, press, online and social media
- Liaison with other elected representatives and their staff
- Assisting the MLA to serve constituents in a way that is consistent with manifesto pledges and a shared future for everyone
These are the main duties for the post; however, as and when considered necessary or appropriate, you may be required to undertake other duties as reasonably required.
For the person specification, please click here
For the application form, please click here