Baby girl fire death “absolutely devastating” – Ford

Alliance South Antrim MLA David Ford has commented on the sad news that a 10 month old baby girl has died in a house fire on Saturday night in the Springfarm estate in Antrim. He has urged people to make sure that their fire alarms are in working order following this fire.

David Ford MLA said: “This is absolutely devasting news that such a young baby has died in a house fire. My thoughts are with the family and the community at this time.

“But I would call on people to make sure that we do not lose any more lives in house fires by making sure that their smoke alarms are in working orders. A working fire alarm can often be the deciding factor as to whether or not people are killed in house fires, so I would urge people to take this matter seriously.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *