Alliance Party Manager
The Alliance Party is a growing, dynamic political party and would like to recruit for the position of Party Manager to be based in Party HQ, 88 University Street, Belfast.
This is a challenging position for which a competitive salary, circa £28,000, is available.
For an application pack please contact James McClure on 02890521314
Please see the Job Description and Specification below:
Job Description: Party Manager
The post-holder will act as General Secretary to the Alliance Party. His/her responsibilities will include:
- Executing tasks assigned by the Party Executive and Council
- Servicing Party Executive and Council
- Ensuring compliance with the Party Constitution and Standing Orders
- Ensuring that the party and its accounting units meets/fulfils its statutory requirements
- Serving as Campaigns Officer under the Political Parties, Elections and Referendums Act (PPERA)
- Managing election campaigns
- Directing year-round campaigning, centrally and locally
Administration and Finance
- Managing the Party finances
- Dealing with Human Resources issues
- Line management of staff
Policy and Communications
- Organising Party Conference and other events
- Overseeing internal Party Communications
- Co-ordination role in corporate fundraising
- Managing the regular production of Alliance News
- Representing the Party at appropriate events
These are the main duties of the position; however, as and when considered necessary or appropriate, you are liable to transfer to or undertake other duties, reasonably required to meet fluctuations or priorities in work demands.
Party Chairman (In the absence of the Chairman, the Vice Chair)
Party Executive and the Assembly Party
Based at Alliance Party Headquarters, 88 University Street Belfast BT7 1HE
37.5 hours per week. Flexibility required.
Must be prepared to work evenings and weekends
25 days, plus Public Holidays
Permanent, subject to a 6-month probationary period
Preferred start date: 1st October 2011 (or earlier if possible).
Must have access to a mode of transport that would allow the performance of all duties
Please return the Application Form by 4pm on 9th September
Return of Applications:
To: Stewart Dickson MLA
C/O Room 45